Customers will update meters from the comfort of their homes. When a customer in a targeted area
units of any value, they will receive 3 tokens. The first two tokens known as Key Change tokens
are to be entered
The second Key Change Token must be entered within 40 seconds of the first one being entered.
Thereafter, you can
proceed to enter the third token, which carries the credit value for the amount you bought
Follow these easy steps to enter update your meter software WHEN your area is scheduled for the
- Check your units balance on your meter and record. If you do not know how to check
credit balance for your meter,
Contact ZESCO or neighbour using similar meter.
- Enter all your un-entered tokens previously purchased before receipt of Key Change
Tokens if any.
- Confirm that all tokens are entered by checking new credit balance on your meter.
- If any of your old tokens are not entered, DO NOT ENTER the Key Change Tokens until all
old unentered tokens are
entered on your meter.
- Enter the first Key Change Token the same way you enter credit tokens on your meter and
wait for meter to process it.
If token is rejected, ensure to check digits and re-enter correctly.
- Enter the second Key Change Token within at least 40 seconds of the first one being
accepted. Enter this token the
same way you enter credit tokens on your meter. If token is rejected, ensure to check
the digits and re-enter correctly.
- Enter your credit token that came with the two Key Change Tokens. When this token is
accepted it means the two Key
Change Tokens were entered correctly. Rejection of this token suggests that you did not
enter the two Key Change Tokens
correctly and you need to re-enter the Key Change Tokens one after the other
- Confirm new credit balance on your meter.